Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Technical Intern with West Florida Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At West Florida Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the West Florida Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Intern to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Technical Analyst Intern implements and supports facility and division desktop equipment, and is the key technical resource responding to end user desktop incidents and requests reported to the Service Desk. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are communicated in a timely manner to senior-level support personnel. Support to other division and facility IT personnel is provided, as warranted, and participation in 24x7 on-call support is provided based on division IT staff rotation. The Technical Analyst adheres to and supports HCA Healthcare IT policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of ITG desktop equipment and software. Based on proficiency with PC-based equipment and cabling, the Technical Analyst can provide expanded on-site support to technical resources, if needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Installs and repairs facility and division ITG equipment and software per HCA Healthcare and division ITG standards and guidelines, including but not limited to terminals, personal computers, printers, cabling, and related software products
- Responds to and resolves inquiries and requests for assistance with division or facility computer systems, and provides a superior customer support experience for division and facility users
- Analyzes and provides hands-on support for simple to moderate inquiries. Determines appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve the problem and coordinates with other technical areas, as needed
- Logs and tracks problems; reviews problem tracking databases
- Performs facility-based moves, adds, and changes (MACs), as needed
- Maintains documentation for each incident or request, and escalates complex problems to the next level of support per documented procedures
- Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division IT staff rotation, and carries a pager as warranted
- Aids and trains users on division and facility technology
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of ITG desktop equipment and software
- Effectively works with customers, Service Desk and Technical Services personnel
- Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Manages and prioritizes workload
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates a customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
- Possesses proficiency in MS Office applications
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or healthcare related field is preferred
- Must have one year IT experience
- Basic certification in A+ and Microsoft Products is preferred; education and/or experience may be substituted for A+ certification
HCA Healthcare's Information Technology Group (ITG) delivers healthcare IT products and services to HCA Healthcare's portfolio of business and partners, including Parallon, HealthTrust and Sarah Cannon.
For decades, ITG has been a pioneer in the industry, leading the transformation of healthcare into a new era of quality and connectivity. ITG relies on the breadth of the organization and depth of technical expertise to advance and enhance today's healthcare and to enable our physicians and clinicians to provide world-class, innovative care for patients.
ITG employees rally around the noble cause of transforming healthcare through technology and find inspiration in the meaningful work they do—creating a culture that follows our mission statement which begins by saying “above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
If you want a career in technology and have a heart for healthcare, apply your expertise to a mission that matters.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Technical Intern opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website