DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
West Florida Healthcare is a 515 bed facility and proud to be the area's leading health care facility in quality outcomes performance. In addition to receiving an A Rating in Patient Safety from the Leapfrog Group since fall of 2015, West Florida Healthcare is also the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. West Florida Healthcare is also the first hospital in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation. In addition, West Florida Healthcare is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and offers specialized Emergency Department services tailored specifically to the needs of seniors as well as a Kids' ER dedicated to serving the emergency medical needs of children. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the acute care hospital, the area's only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital, and a behavioral health facility. Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare meets the community's healthcare needs in major services such as cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, oncology, orthopedics, robotic-assisted surgery, critical care, neurology/neurosurgery, emergency care, urology, behavioral health, gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative medicine.
The director is accountable for reassuring the provision of effective, high quality patient care and encompasses multiple responsibilities which include management of staff, budgetary, and other resources; development of personnel; compliance with regulatory and professional standards. Strategic planning; and fostering of interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within the units of responsibility and the organization. Follows policies and procedures of West Florida Hospital. Participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to WFH standards of behavior.
- Perform both basic and advanced therapeutic procedures for patients of all ages.
- Communicate changes in the respiratory therapy treatment with other healthcare team members.
- Perform respiratory protocols and clinical assessment of patients based upon established policy and procedure.
- Provide effective education to patients, students, and coworkers as appropriate.
- Assembles, checks, and troubleshoots respiratory therapy equipment.
- Maintain clinical and professional competency based upon established standards of practice.
- Assist in orientation of new employees.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the department's strategic plan.
- Maintain department budget.
- Oversee department process improvement.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Assist in providing education to all staff in the facility.
- Provides leadership and promotes teamwork within Cardiopulmonary Services.
- Ensures that professional staff is able to provide direct and indirect patient care and clinical services to the patient population.
- Works closely with Physicians, Nursing, and other clinical services across the organization to achieve program goals.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Perform repetitive tasks/motions. Push/pull up to 150 lbs. occasionally.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Respiratory Management in acute care setting is required.
- Graduation from an AMA Approved Respiratory Program is required; Bachelor's Degree required. Masters preferred.
- Current and clear Florida Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) license is required
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Student Loan Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- And much more!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website