SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Operations Manager has primary responsibility for providing oversight, coordination, supervision, planning, administration, training and logistical support to one or more facilities. Work effort weighs heavily on the safe and successful collection, transportation and disposal of residential/commercial solid waste and recyclables. This role requires superior organizational skills that help in driving continuous improvement surrounding operations, clients, and employees. This manager will build rapport with both internal/external clients and strive to maintain business commitments that allow fulfillment of defined service level agreements. The operations leader will build a high performance team by exercising superior judgment and the proper balance of command and control. Determining appropriate staffing levels required to meet seasonal demands, monitoring metrics, and measuring team performance to exceed production and performance targets are key.Overall and in partnership with the Division/District Manager(s) the operations leader will meet defined objectives, provide timely reporting, training, coaching and discipline. Issues/concerns as needed are escalated to the leadership team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees day-to-day operations of the transportation, hauling and support operations, ensuring superior customer service and hauling of refuse without contamination of air, land or water.
2. Formulates, manages and monitors operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, operational and customer service performance.
3. Participates in the development of Divisional/District Operational budgets and follows best practices in measuring and monitoring.
4. Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all incidents/injuries and follows up with needed training, discipline, retraining, reporting.
5. Participates regularly in review of Operations department, including assisting with selection, coaching, employee discipline, performance evaluation and training.
6. Provides input into termination, compensation, bonus eligibility and promotion decisions.
7. Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction the Division/District Manager(s), Facility Manager and RVP.
8. Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; programs are developed and in place for appropriate resource allocation, equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and controlled use of labor and material costs.
9. Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to enhance business relationships, promotes community involvement and ensures customer satisfaction.
10. Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations issues, build rapport and champion team spirit.
11. Assists with development, implementation, and coordination of safety programs for the Division/District, and monitors work processes, procedures and expenses required to drive team performance, achievement goals while proactively working to reduce risk.
12. Conducts monthly or bi-monthly route observations to confirm compliance with high standards of customer satisfaction and in compliance with Fed, State and Local Regulations/contracts.
13. Monitors routing information required to maintain most efficient use of vehicles equipment and personnel. Closes daily routes
14. Consults with municipal officials and community groups to foster key client relationships and business partnerships
15. Monitors DOT, OSHA and ensures regulatory compliance.
16. Serves as a liaison with the HR and Safety Departments to develop and implement technical and non-technical training.
17. Provides oversight for all operational safety related training and mentors field operational supervisors in safety processes.
18. Respond to critical incidents at any time of day or night.
19. Analyzes work and seasonal demand on a daily basis to determine appropriate staffing levels and task execution. Maintains an overall positive attitude toward leaders, colleagues, direct reports and customers
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Normal setting for this job is carried out in office, field and maintenance facilities.
Apply on company website