SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Safely drives a truck to deliver and pick up the waste containers used by the public in accordance with Decision Driving principles within the prescribed time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Drive Container Delivery truck to replace or repair containers
· Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers.
· Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
· Answers questions for customers and directs them to contact Customer Service or Sales Representative for additional information
· Operates compaction and lift equipment on vehicle.
· Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
· Prepares, maintains, and submits required company and regulation-mandated reports and documents.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
· Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
· Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
· Must have a valid driver's license for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
· At least 3 years of previous experience operating a motor vehicle
· Must be at least 21 years of age or older
· Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
· Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction; See in the normal visual range with or without correction
· Exhibit normal range of body motion
· Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
· Maintain written records and service responses.
· Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout the shift with or without reasonable accommodations. As well as climb into and out of a truck repeatedly.
Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust
Apply on company website