Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: South East District
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: Yes
The Senior Manager leads the site management team responsible for the daily delivery of Home Care and/or Community Support Services within VON's quality and risk management framework. The Senior Manager oversees the day-to-day coordination and delivery of services by executing site-level operational plans, providing leadership and guidance to staff, and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Participates in a systematic approach to relationship management, developing partnerships and strategic alliances to build successful relationships with program and community stakeholders in order to ensure successful community and client service initiatives and program outcomes.
- Directs and guides staff, both unionized and non-unionized, in the delivery of client services in accordance with current regulatory guidelines, VON policies, standards and values, funder contracts.
- Ensures sites have a plan for the availability of qualified, motivated staff and volunteers and a workforce/succession plan to meet ongoing and changing staffing needs.
- Establishes site specific action plans to achieve operational performance objectives for the provision of services and implementation of site programs.
- Develops, implements and maintains business plans for current/new programs, integrating and measuring financial and risk exposure criteria at all levels of the development cycle.
- Develops annual budgets and manages financial resources effectively and efficiently; analyzes and communicates reports to site management teams and collaborates with the Regional leadership team to develop and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensures Community Corporations are supported at the local level, aligned to VON's mission, vision and values and integrated into the site objectives and operations.
- Provides input into the development of VON policies, standards and best practices ensuring they support clinical best practices and reflect the current health care environment and client needs.
- Ensures quality of care and service delivery, and manages risk by overseeing compliance to VON Standards and policy, legislative requirements, regulations and contractual agreements.
- Collects and evaluates client and external environment information to enable evidence-based decision-making.
- Works collaboratively with provincial and regional colleagues on budgets, programs and client care practices.
- Ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with applicable health and safety legislation, policies and procedures, and all other legislation, policies and procedures relevant to area of work.
- Supports the successful implementation of the Regional labour relations strategy and the achievement of local labour outcomes through the development of positive relationships with unions and ensuring compliance with Collective Agreements.
- Develops and sustains positive relationships with unions, ensures compliance with Collective Agreements and supports the Regional Labour Relations strategy.
- Ensures current knowledge of all applicable statutory requirements, policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to area of work.
- Implements, maintains or exceed nursing and homecare service standards.
- Identifies, investigates and resolves critical service delivery issues and manages the most complex and sensitive client and staff issues.
- Collaborates with IT Services to identify and resolve IT-related challenges and to ensure that staff are prepared to operate technological and computer equipment as required.
- Collaborates with Finance and the site management team to plan and manage the physical and material resources required to satisfy the needs of the support, service and management functions across all sites.
- Liaises with landlords and VON legal counsel in supporting VON leasing arrangements, upcoming renewals and any problems/concerns with office facilities as required.
Common Leadership Responsibilities:
- Promotes the strategy of VON and its role as an integrated community care provider to all stakeholders and staff.
- Prioritizes and ensures alignment of emerging opportunities in the community with VON strategic plan.
- Provides leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and non-unionized environments.
- Coaches, advises, motivates, and provides leadership to staff; creates a positive workplace for staff.
- Promotes the LEAN team management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices.
- Ensures there are mechanisms for all staff to come together to hear of organizational news and to provide feedback on what is working and what is not working.
- Ensures the completion of performance development and learning plans for all staff
- Promotes common approaches to orientation, learning, motivating, recognizing and supporting staff when achieving organizational goals; such as meeting or exceeding KPIs, meeting or exceeding milestones.
- Provides leadership and commitment to building client and family engagement and following Accreditation Canada Standards.
- Provides leadership in the promotion of a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, that KPIs related to safety are regularly reviewed by management, that appropriate investigations occur when needed, and plans to address issues are created and acted upon.
- Promotes work/life balance fostering professional excellence and personal fulfilment and health.
- Promotes the use of technology-based systems for the capture, transformation and distribution of knowledge.
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place in the Region.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Develops and sustains positive external stakeholder relationships in order to mobilize support for the organization's vision and objectives.
- Develops and sustains positive internal relationships in VON to ensure integrated efforts.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post -secondary degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience managing and leading people, preferably in the healthcare sector including experience developing and managing budgets.
- Professional experience with program development and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of and experience within the community health system is an asset.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Solid relationship-building skills to ensure stakeholders are informed, engaged, and collaborating to move initiatives forward.
- Ability to apply innovative practices and take initiative in solving problems and identifying opportunities including living LEAN and practicing LEAN principles and methodologies.
- Ability to analyze evidence and data to guide decision-making in matters relating to finance, operations, human resources, marketing, and business development.
- Strong understanding of information and communication technology and practices to manage patient care.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to lead and facilitate the adoption of change.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Exceptional customer service and client engagement skills.
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Willingness to travel regularly during the day as well as periodically overnight(s) to support sites and attend meetings.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website