Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Are you a new graduate, retired nurse or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $10,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 12-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
Employment Status: Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: OPSEU
On Call: No
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Registered Practical Nurses are responsible for provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals in the community. You will also delegate tasks to different levels of healthcare workers, participating as a full member of the healthcare team.
Applications from current members of the bargaining unit associated with this position will be considered first.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to fragile pediatric patients and their families in the community who are assigned to their care.
- Assess and manage client care in the community, including palliative, wound, intravenous therapy and H/T chronic disease prevention.
- Teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Preference will be given to nurses who have palliative care experience and/or palliative care course
- Experience working with pediatric and/or palliative clients
- Preference given to nurses with Infusion and Central Line experience
- Two to Five years Community experience preferred
- Foot Care experience preferred
- Knowledge of community resources an asset
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt nursing practice to operating independently in a variety of situations
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check is required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website