Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Are you a new graduate, retired nurse or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $10,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 12-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Opportunity:
This location is designated as a rural and remote community in Canada and therefore RNs/RPNs may be eligible to apply for Canada Student Loan Forgiveness. More information can be found at the following link:
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
The power to change lives
Are you looking to work to your full scope, have clinical autonomy, enjoy continuous learning, and working independently? Then we have opportunities for you!
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
Our RPNs provide medical care to children, youth, adults and seniors in their homes and other settings in over 160 communities across Ontario:
- Diabetes management
- Medication management
- Palliative care
- Wound care; incl. negative pressure wound therapy and complex wounds
- ….and much more
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) and an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Smart phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
What we need from you:
- Must be Licensed as a Registered Practical Nurse in the province of practice
- Experience in community health an asset
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- On-call shifts maybe required
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a difference.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: Registered Practical Nurse, RPN, nurse, RPN nurse, nursing, practical nurse, clinic nurse.
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
Apply on company website