Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Regular Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Program: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
Location: London and surrounding area
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
The Enterostomal Therapist (ET) Nurse is a member of the healthcare team and is responsible for the provision and management of high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are seen by or assigned to his/her care. The ET provides care for actual and potential skin integrity client issues related to wound management, skin ulceration, ostomy care, and continence related nursing diagnoses.
- Client care management; utilizes the nursing process, applicable standards and principles of quality management in the provision of safe, comprehensive and client directed healthcare
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team
- Act as a change agent for delivery of client care
- Act as a mentor/support system for the Visiting Nursing team/program
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certificate in Enterostomal Therapy from an accredited program (Ex: The Canadian Association for Enterostomal Therapy) is mandatory
- Current CPR certification will be requested
- Minimum of 1 year clinical practice experience (in a community environment) preferred
- Knowledge of community resources
- Demonstrated skills in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication, and interpersonal relationship building
- Demonstrated skills in teacher/resource roles and consultative working roles
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Critical thinking & multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve independently, to function as an independent practitioner and to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Apply on company website