Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time
Work Schedule: Days & Weekends
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 15
Union/Bargaining Unit: Ontario Nurses Association (ONA)
On Call: Yes
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Opportunity:
This location is designated as a rural and remote community in Canada and therefore RNs/RPNs may be eligible to apply for Canada Student Loan Forgiveness. More information can be found at the following link:
You will provide safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope, and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VON's responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care;
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements;
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups.
- BScN or BA in nursing
- Current registration as an RN in the province of work
- Experience providing nursing care to adults and seniors
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments (example: Mini-mental status, depression, pain, etc.)
- venipuncture skills, intravenous certification, and palliative care education considered an asset
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver's license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
No scheduled nights. Majority of work is within regular business hours.
Working in Hearst and surrounding areas
Apply on company website