Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada – Nova Scotia Branch
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
Employment Status: Full Time or Part Time (0.5 FTE) Pediatric Overnight Respites
Program: Visiting Nursing
Work Schedule: Overnights
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSNU
Portability of Seniority as per NSNU Agreement
Are you passionate about helping people in your community live every day to the fullest? A career at VON is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to use your talents to make a difference.
- To provide and manage high quality and effective nursing care to all individuals who are assigned to your care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registration with NSCN and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment, and health education
- Experience providing nursing care to children, adults, and seniors an asset
- Can effectively use software for client documents & communication
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Valid CPR C / First Aid required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website