Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Diabetes Clinic
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Anticipated End Date: 09/30/2021
On Call: No
The Registered Dietitian is responsible to providing expertise in the area of nutritional health including assessment, recommendations, resource advocacy and client education. The dietitian also provides one-on-one or group nutrition counseling sessions.
- Works with an interdisciplinary team.
- Identify nutrition problems and assesses the nutritional status of the clients.
- Develops diet plans and counseling clients on special diet modifications.
- Assesses, promotes, protects, and enhances the health of the clients and provides strategies for prevention of nutrition-related diseases.
- Develop new and innovative programs based on client's health needs.
- Delivers client nutrition recommendations to physicians, nurses and aides.
- Provides nutrition education, leadership and direction related to applied nutrition care.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works closely with Clients, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, Activity Aide and other cross functional teams.
- Liaise with physician, home care coordinator and community resources.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field.
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of the province.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the role of a Registered Dietitian
- Current CPR certification.
- Experience working in community setting is an asset
- Strong verbal and written abilities, demonstrated educational/presentation/facilitation and networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish a rapport with specialized population is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Computer knowledge and abilities are required
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle
- Current criminal background check including a vulnerable sector screen
- Must be able to wear PPE
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website