Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Home & Community Care, the Regional Executive Director, Home Care and Community Support Services will be part of a strong Provincial executive team while leading a Regional team.
As Regional Executive Director, you will build strategic alliances and work with local management teams to enhance relationships with the LHINs, the MOHLTC, Regional Health Authority and District Community Corporations. Collaborating with other provincial Regional Executive Directors, you will create and deliver a Regional plan that has an aligned Provincial and National focus while supporting organizational plans and VON strategic priorities.
This position will be based in London and will require travel across sites and the province.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
What we need from you:
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years' experience managing and leading people in the healthcare sector
- Demonstrated record of success in community development, financial, and human resources management, volunteer board development and working with health funders
- Strong knowledge of and experience within the community health system with demonstrated success in program development, and community relations
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Manage and grow a revenue stream of over $61 million annually
- In partnership with Human Resources, hold responsibility for the regional labour relations strategy in order to ensure compliance with Collective Agreements, applicable regulations and legislation
- Work with the Quality and Risk team and DEDs/Senior Managers to ensure that sites adhere to VONs policies and its principles
- Ensure that key performance indicators (KPIs) related to safety are regularly reviewed by management, that appropriate investigations occur when needed, and action plans to address issues are created and followed
- Develop and sustain positive external relationships with health authorities, funders, clients, and community partners
- Provide expertise and advice to the government, funders and associations on changes in healthcare policies and processes
- Champion and support local philanthropy programs and successes
- Provide a framework to manage and coach staff in developing a strong organizational culture, manage core competencies, develop leaders and drive organizational performance
- Promotes the Lean management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility.
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: clinical nurse leader, management & operations, healthcare leader, Registered Nurse, business administration & management, general business administration.
Apply on company website