VitalSource®, is hiring for a Solutions Engineer to contribute to our Customer Success team.
This role will be primarily responsible for assessing, documenting, and implementing the technical aspects of solution delivery throughout the sales cycle. The Solutions Engineer will demonstrate product solutions as a key element of the sales process and provide solution guidance to customers and internal stakeholders.
Solutions are vital to the way VitalSource integrates with our customers and partners, and as a result, the Solutions Engineer will work with the Customer Success team to ensure client needs and contracted requirements are well understood and delivered. Excellent candidates will be able to assist clients in building their own solutions utilizing VitalSource APIs as well as provide deep subject matter expertise and guidance on best practices for implementing VitalSource's products and services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another engineering/technical field
- 5 years' total experience in a technical job
- Ability to build software solutions using web technologies
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming practices
- Knowledge of the education technology market
- Ability to work in pre-sales or sales engineering function
- Demonstrates and advocates for our products and services with our clients
- Analyzes client RFP's to identify problems/red flags and provide sales with cost estimates and language for technical aspects of a new proposal.
- Communicates onboarding and integration processes to customer in advance of integration initiation
- Provides advice and guidance to customers and internal stakeholders as to best solution and product fit for client's business need.
- Communicates regularly with customers; developing an accurate understanding of needs for translation to internal stakeholders.
- Establishes an understanding of the product line's competitive technical landscape.
- Works with product managers to join emerging client requirements with product roadmaps.
- Works with Customer Success team to craft creative solutions to customer requirements.
- Works with the product team to communicate effectively with client's engineering and technical staff.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days accrued annually, 8 company holidays, and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Paid parental leave to support current associates in balancing their professional and personal lives as their families begin and grow
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
VitalSource is the leading education technology solutions provider committed to helping partners create, deliver, and distribute affordable, accessible, and impactful learning experiences worldwide. As a recognized innovator in the digital course materials market, VitalSource is best known for partnering with more than 1,000 publishers and resellers to deliver extraordinary learning experiences to millions of active users globally—and today we're also powering new, cutting-edge technologies designed to optimize teaching and learning for maximum results. Learn more at https://get.vitalsource.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Apply on company website