Vi is recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Glassdoor's 100 Best Companies to work for. Learn from the best and accelerate your Sous Chef career with Vi.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Exceptional benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off - start accruing on day one
- 401k with company match
- Paid maternity and paternity benefits
- Award-winning training and development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Luxury work environment
- Meaningful and rewarding work
A rare and enviable opportunity exists for a highly accomplished professional to assist our Executive Chef in all areas of the kitchen. The selected candidate will have significant responsibility in supervising line cooks and kitchen attendants, ensuring a superior food offering.Requirements
- Qualified applicants are required to possess 5 years of high-end restaurant, club, hotel, or retirement community experience, with kitchen supervision and excellent training skills.
- Experience in advanced cooking: garde manger, baking, sauces, and all methods of preparations and presentations of hot and cold food is preferred.
- Prior experience using a Point of Sale (POS) system is preferred.
- Current state health and sanitation certification is required.
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license, where applicable.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications are required or must be willing and able to become CPR and First Aid certified.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is preferred.
- Culinary Arts degree is a plus.
Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge of ordering procedure (produce, dairy, meat, fish, etc.) and food and labor cost controls.
- A strong process orientation and professionalism
- Effective communication and team-building skills
Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There's real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that's impossible to ignore--between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Bring life to your career.
Equal Opportunity Employer--minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Key Tags: souf chef, senior living, healthcare, nursing home, hospice, assistant livingLocation Address
7501 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona 85255
Apply on company website