Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Valley Regional Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse - NICU to join our healthcare family.Benefits
Valley Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Valley Regional Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse - NICU opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients in the NICU and Newborn Nursery.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures or the NICU that guide and support the provision of services
- Responsible for meeting the standards of Practice for a Level II and Level III NICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Performs neonatal assessment of NICU patients and Newborn Nursery patients.
- Performs nursing care of NICU patients and Newborn Nursery patients.
- Performs gestational age assessments.
- Demonstrates appropriate usage and understanding of equipment used in the department.
- Participates in mandatory unit education activities
- Participates in the discharge process to include parent teaching
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required or must be currently enrolled
- Current RN license in Texas and/or current Compact License
- Current BCLS certification required.
- NRP certification within 90 days of hire.
- STABLE preferred
- 6 months current NICU experience required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville, TX and the surrounding communities in the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center is a licensed 215+ bed facility with over 200 physicians representing 25+ specialties. From emergency medicine, to diagnostic imaging services, and caring for newborn babies, Valley Regional Medical Center is the hospital that families count on when they are looking for quality healthcare close to home. We are a designated Advanced Level III Trauma Center and an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Our Heart and Vascular services include a full-range of cardiac services including minimally invasive and open-heart surgery, cardiac cath lab, heart imaging services and more. Our women's department includes labor, delivery and recovery in a home-like setting. We also have a C-section operating room on standby 24 hours a day and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit equipped with specially trained staff. Innovation and an unwavering commitment to patient care are the cornerstones of our hospital. Come experience our family centered culture at Valley Regional.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse - NICU opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website