Are you interested in helping students achieve their educational and professional goals? Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity in higher education that provides a hybrid remote work schedule, employee tuition assistance, and a comprehensive benefits package with a supportive and collaborative work environment?
Apply now to join our team!
The Student Financial Aid Officer II performs a variety of job duties associated with the coordination, awarding, disbursement, and returning of state, federal and institutional financial aid assistance programs as part of the Office of Financial Aid Counseling and Customer Service Team. This position advises students and families about financial aid processes and requirements, collaborates with other University departments to promote an inclusive, positive student experience, and works with other Office of Financial Aid teams to ensure efficient and accurate processing of financial aid.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and one year of work experience in Financial Aid or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information to students regarding federal, state, and institutional financial aid program requirements and procedures; advise parents and students about availability of financial aid, the application process, and rights and responsibilities related to student aid.
- Accept and process financial aid applications and forms from students, reviewing for completeness and accuracy; communicate with students regarding status of financial aid applications and pending supporting documentation.
- Keep abreast of federal, state, institutional, and office policies to best advise students of eligibility, verification, and appeal requirements and status; serve as point of contact for complicated/involved issues between processing or technical support and the student (or parent, if applicable).
- Serve as point of contact for other UT Dallas departments (e.g. Admissions, Bursar, Advising, Veterans Center) regarding financial aid questions and/or issues.
- Assist students/parents in locating UT Dallas resources (e.g. academic advising, student affairs services, student and academic records services, student finance services) as well as external resources (e.g. NSLDS, loan servicers).
- Counsel students on loan requirements such as entrance and exit counseling, repayment options, and overall debt.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in working with confidential information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Remote Work Notice
A hybrid remote work schedule may be available. Employee must be located within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex area and have the ability to be on campus for work activities as scheduled and/or with 24-hour notice. Completion and approval of a UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement will be required upon employment, and use of personal computer, internet, and other standard equipment may be required. Remote work arrangements are subject to regular review and re-approval and may be canceled at any time.
Who We Are
The University of Texas at Dallas is a top public university committed to admitting, enrolling, and graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. As a charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas fosters an environment where members of our community are welcomed, treated fairly, and supported in the pursuit of excellence.
What We Offer
UT Dallas aims to attract and retain talented staff and faculty to support the University's students and mission. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, life and disability insurance coverage, and retirement plans. We also offer tuition assistance, professional development opportunities, employee wellness programs, and much more. Visit https://hr.utdallas.edu/employees/benefits/ for more information.
Diversity of people, ideas, and perspectives is crucial to UT Dallas' mission and vision, and we are committed to providing an educational, working, and living environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of our community. Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion promotes a variety of programs and initiatives to cultivate acceptance and belonging for all members of the campus community. We are ranked among the “Best of the Best Colleges” for LGBTQ Inclusion by Campus Pride. LilyPad lactation facilities are available across campus for private use by nursing parents. The University currently supports nine Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) composed of staff and faculty of various identities along with advocates and allies. UT Dallas prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, and veteran status. Visit https://institutional-initiatives.utdallas.edu/ and https://diversity.utdallas.edu/ for more information.
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator.
Apply on company website