Looking for a rewarding career opportunity with great benefits?
Look no further! Join our team!
Provide journeyman-level skills in surface preparation, application of different types of caulking and sealants, and detection and repair of water leaks on flat or metal roofs. Work with power tools and heavy equipment. Understand the basics of glazing windows. Replace ceiling tiles and ceiling grid. Repair or replace classrooms furniture. Repair or replace hardware in bathroom stalls. Will lead small crew on jobs and train lesser skilled team members.
Minimum Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED and 3 years of job related repair work. Valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record and OSHA 10-Hour Training, or ability to complete within 6 months of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Detect and repair water leaks on flat roofs, metal roofs, window sills, window frames, metal flashing, and wall joints. Remove and apply caulking and sealants materials. Maintain all building rooftops.
- Replace damaged ceiling tiles and ceiling grid. Replace hardware in bathroom stalls, and repair or replace window blinds and shades. Repair or replace classroom furniture.
- Lead small crew on jobs, and train lesser skilled team members.
- Assist other shops, and other duties as assigned.
- May be required to report to on-site work location during campus closure.
- May be required to report to on-site work location during inclement weather.
- REMOTE WORK NOT AVAILABLE – A remote work schedule is not available for this position.
What we have to offer: UT Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusiveness. We offer an employee-friendly work environment with a comprehensive benefit package including: Competitive Salary Tuition Benefits Internal Training Medical insurance – including 100% paid employee medical coverage for full-time employees Dental Insurance Vision Insurance Long and short-term disability Retirement Plan Options Paid time off Paid Holidays All UT Dallas employees have access to various professional development opportunities, including a membership to Academic Impressions, LinkedIn Learning, and UT Dallas Bright Leaders Program.
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
Apply on company website