General support for a defined time period (less than 6 months). Non-Benefits Eligible. Assist MRI team with technical innovations, training, and information to both leaders and participants. Assist with scheduling and running brain scans on human subjects in The Center for BrainHealth and Brain Performance Institute MRI Center. Support to and collaborate with other technical staff to ensure quality services and attain governmental and institutional compliance with IRB and other human subject research protochols. Knowledge and use of Siemens Prisma MRI software and COINS MRI software products a bonus.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school graduate or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma and one previous employer in the tech support to end users field. Prefer a MIS bachelor's degree.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision, assists and performs prescribed magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures requiring specialized knowledge and skills in support of the provision of research and/or diagnostic services to a specified patient population. May prepare and administer various chemical mixtures as appropriate to the nature of the procedures being carried out.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares facilities in accordance with procedural requirements; calibrates equipment, and prepares imaging related materials as required; cleans and disinfects equipment in accordance with sterile procedures and standards.
• Prepares participants or patients for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures as appropriate to requirements; explains procedures to participants or patients and positions them as appropriate to prescribed procedure; assists participants or patients at end of procedure.
• Follows prescribed procedure in the administration of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI); determines appropriate calibrations and/or techniques, arranges immobilization and/or support devices.
• Assists with data export/analyses as appropriate, in accordance with MRI center techniques.
• Maintains stock supplies and assists MRI investigators and administrators in determining quantities for purchase; performs general office duties such as assisting in the delivery of MRI data to servers, or investigators, recording procedure codes for billing purposes, typing forms, and scheduling participants or patients.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Ability to communicate technical MRI-related information to non-technical personnel.
• Knowledge of the physical and operational characteristics of MRI equipment.
• Ability to safely lift, and physically manipulate participants or patients.
• Ability to calibrate and configure MRI equipment and associated facilities and devices in accordance with procedures and standards.
• Knowledge of appropriate safety measures in dealing with a high field magnet environment.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Knowledge of sterile procedures.
• Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
• Knowledge of magnetic resonance imaging principles, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
• Knowledge of MRI data handling and storage techniques.
Apply online at utdallasjobs.com
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
Apply on company website