The Department of OB/GYN at University of Rochester Medical Center has several faculty openings. We are seeking Academic Generalists, Advanced Laparoscopy and Pelvic Pain specialists, and MFMspecialists.Join a team-oriented, mission-driven group of faculty members dedicated to clinical teaching and caring for the patients of the greater Rochester NY area and surrounding region. Clinical work will take place at Strong Memorial Hospital.
General OB/GYN services will include:
- Full screening and preventative services for women from teenage years to postmenopausal care
- Low and High risk Obstetrics for prenatal care through delivery with co-management, consultation and referral to UR MFM as appropriate
- Gynecologic surgical services from in office procedures to inpatient surgeries
- Basic infertility and cancer screening evaluations with referral to REI or Gyn Oncology at University of Rochester Medical Center as needed
- Access to world class OB/GYN, education and research specialists
Advanced Laparoscopy/Pelvic Pain services will include:
- Surgical & non-surgical management of simple & complex gynecologic disorders and chronic pelvic & vulvar pain
- Surgical consultation for simple & complex gynecologic disorders & gender-affirming surgery
- Teaching role: core faculty for theMIGS fellowship and the OB-GYN core residency program including clinic, OR, teaching/didactics & simulation
- Supervising faculty for medical students and residents/fellows from other services, as well as opportunity to mentor OB-GYN resident & medical student research
Maternal-Fetal Medicine services will include:
- Servewith other 12 established MFM faculty members covering the Upstate NY region
- Full spectrum perinatal medicine, including L&D coverage and MFM call
- Inpatient and outpatient high risk obstetrical management, ultrasound and ultrasound guided procedures
- Academic responsibilities include teaching of fellows, residents and medical students, and research
Qualified candidates will have successfully completed an ACGME or AOA accredited residency program in obstetrics and gynecology and accompanying Fellowship training in MIGS or MFM, be certified or eligible for certification by American Board of Obstetrics and Gyencology, and be eligible for New York State medical licensure.
The University of Rochester Medical Center is the centerpiece of the university's medical research, teaching, patient care, and community missions. The School of Medicine and Dentistry is a highly prestigious, widely respected, and academically productive center for the education and training of physicians, dentists, and other clinicians and scientists from many disciplines. It is widely recognized for its innovative basic and translational research initiatives and for its overall clinical excellence. The School ranks in the top quartile in research funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Rochester is an extremely livable, family-friendly, and attractive medium-sized city. Based on short commute times, the relatively low cost of living, and the affordability of housing, Rochester consistently ranks as a top place to live. Rochester has the arts, culture, and dining of larger cities along with five nationally ranked high schools. Located at the southern edge of Lake Ontario where the Finger Lakes meet the Great Lakes, Rochester provides easy access to a wealth of outdoor recreation.
The University of Rochester has a strong commitment to principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. The University of Rochester is an equal opportunity employer.
The Department of OB/GYN at University of Rochester Medical Center has several faculty openings. We are seeking Academic Generalists
Apply on company website