DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Manager Medical Staff Services
Full-time (1.0 FTE) Days
University Hospital and Medical Center
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services as well as an academic teaching center for Behavioral Health. Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs to orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient and outpatient services and a one-of-a-kind geriatric program. Other specialty services include a Wound Healing Center and Vascular Services, Primary Stroke Center and Women's Center. Our newly renovated family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high level, personalized care close to home in your local community.
University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Medical Staff Manager is responsible for administrative oversight of the Medical Staff department. Acts as the liaison between the Medical Staff, Physicians office and Administration. Completes other duties as assigned.
- Develop hospital-credentialing policies in accordance with accreditation/regulatory standards, HCA policies, and medical staff bylaws.
- Facilitate medical staff meetings (develop agendas, maintain meeting minutes, coordinate follow-up).
- Maintain the official emergency call schedule.
- Maintain and distribute master medical staff calendar of activities.
- As a shared function with the CPC, prepare credentialing reports for medical staff leaders, committees, and the governing body.
- Resolve issues or disputes between the hospital and the CPC in a timely manner.
- Manage all hospital non-privileged provider processes in accordance with Ethics & Compliance Policy QM.002.
- Provide education to administrators and department directors regarding CPC operations and MSO operations, privileging (including temporary and disaster privileging), HCIRs, and non-privileged practitioner credentialing
- Facilitate any continuing medical education (CME) programs offered through the hospital.
- Apply the credentials evaluation process uniformly to all RFC/applications and R-RFC/re-applications.
- CMSC or CPCS Preferred
- Associate's Degree Preferred
- 3-5+ years of related experience from a hospital setting required
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website