Registered Nurse (RN) – Skin Care Services
Risks are inherent in most everything we do in healthcare, so providing a safe environment with reduced risks, for our patients and our healthcare workers is the reason we in the IP&C Department at UMC do what we do every day. The department encompasses not only Infection Prevention, but Employee Health and Skin Care Services.
The professionals who work in these areas are consistently monitoring patients and environments for conditions that promote the transmission and acquisition of communicable diseases and hospital-acquired infections and pressure injuries. To accomplish these duties, each of these professionals utilizes a very specific knowledge-base and skill set. Frequently utilized skills, in addition to critical thinking ability, includes data abstraction, aggregation and analysis; bloodborne pathogen exposure management and the ability to prescribe and apply methodologies to prevent pressure injury acquisition.
While the safety and well-being of our patients and staff is our number one priority, there is also, unfortunately, an all “too real” financial component to our “why”. Hospitals lose valuable reimbursement dollars when they are found to have excessive numbers of certain hospital-acquired conditions, such as CLABSIs (central line-associated bloodstream infections), CAUTIs (catheter-associated urinary tract infections) and pressure injuries. When UMC loses these dollars, it prevents us from carrying out our mission…to provide safe, high quality care to all.
- Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements, plans, and evaluates patient and employee safety. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
- Must maintain a current BLS certification from American Heart Association
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- CWON certification preferred
- UMC Hospital Orientation & Nursing Orientation
UMC's Vision, Mission and Standards Include:
- Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
- Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only Magnet designated hospital
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Educational Reimbursement for pursing MSN after 90 days of employment (if applicable)
- Mentor program
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year)
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website