Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance Information
Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program. Certification required.
Environmental / Working Conditions
- The area where work is performed is high-risk for exposure to the blood borne pathogens. Works in a well- lighted heated and ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department as prescribed by the philosophy of the hospital.
Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position requires close interaction with other ancillary departments in order to facilitate a quality multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Organizes, directs, and performs activities related to instrumentation, sterilization, and supplies utilized for patient care in the Operating Room. Assists RNs as directed in providing patient care. Has a working knowledge of organizational and nursing policies.
Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) administered by National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). Maintain current CPR certification.
- Work is of medium demand; walking, sitting and standing most of the time while on duty. Occasional lifting of patients with assistance is required. Talking and hearing is essential in instructing and supervising nursing personnel and in receiving doctor's orders and patient's condition reports. Near visual acuity required to work with charts and records and to observe patients.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates technical competence and adherence to hospital policy. Adopts the organizational culture and maintains fiscal responsibility within the department. Adheres to clinical standards and practice guidelines set forth by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website