Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The User Experience Architect will support and report to the Senior Manager, Digital User Experience within the eCommerce / Digital team. This critical role will play a key part in defining and shaping digital solutions by delivering user-centered designs in support of web and mobile experiences. To achieve these experiences this individual will collaborate with a cross-functional team, including creative design team, business stakeholders, and development teams.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Captures and translates business requirements and user needs into innovative user experiences, and reviews with Senior Manager, Digital User Experience and Senior User Experience Architect (Sr. UXA) to finalize.
- Works with internal team to facilitate brainstorming sessions and workshops for gathering UX insights and direction.
- Works with internal team to identify project research needs, and then collaborates with a researcher or Senior Manager, Digital User Experience and Senior User Experience Architect (Sr. UXA) to execute research.
- Works with researcher or internal team to analyze research findings and refine design approaches based on research results.
- Conducts, analyses and clearly documents competitive analyses and heuristic evaluations.
- Collaborates with UX team, creative team, business stakeholders, and development teams to form user experience solutions.
- Is familiar with web and app user experience best practices and can clearly communicate and apply those practices to project work.
- Creates presentations, user flows, wireframe specifications, prototypes and other necessary documentation to form UX deliverables; reviews with Senior Manager, Digital User Experience and Senior User Experience Architect (Sr. UXA) to finalize.
- Participates in regular reviews with work partners (creative team, business stakeholders, and development teams), UX team, and leadership to share design direction and gather feedback.
- Actively seeks out feedback from other UXAs and managers on his/her UX design concepts and deliverables.
- Escalates problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Works with the Senior Manager, Digital User Experience to prioritize tasks, understand project scope, set expectations and create timelines for deliverables.
- Experience in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
- BS/BA degree in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
- Experience creating user experiences for eCommerce and/or Digital businesses is a plus.
- Experience using web analytics data and user testing tools to inform design decisions is a plus.
- Experience with all stages of the software development lifecycle in both traditional and agile environments is a plus.
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user, communicate informed design rational and value.
- Effective cross-function collaboration skills, with creative designers, business partners, developers and other stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- MUST have a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: wireframes, user flows, site maps, research, etc.).
Apply on company website