Authentic. Supportive. Fun. To experience human resources at Ulta Beauty is to step out of the mundane and into an environment alive with optimistic energy. After all, success breeds opportunity, and the opportunities to help drive an organization at the top of its game to even greater heights are as uncommon as they are satisfying.
It's fast, it's ambitious, it's anchored in trust. With the chance to move or flex based on new or existing interests and passions. If you want that rare culture of lived values, where “team” truly means something. Where the drive for excellence is balanced with a genuine desire to help and encourage. And where the mark you make will be seen and recognized—we challenge you to dream bigger. To imagine the possibilities.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Lead HR Analytics Data Analyst will help lead the way in transforming HR into a truly data-driven organization through applying innovative approaches to optimize and further support our data extraction, manipulation, and security. This role will utilize, technologies, and the application of advanced mathematical techniques to enable HR with relevant insights through a wide variety of skills including data wrangling, visualization, statistical analysis, and the presentation of recommendations.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of our HR data platform through collecting, aggregating, integrating, and organizing HR data from a variety of sources.
- Utilizes Tableau Prep cleanse data for analysis and ensure data gets populated in the right manner and with the right cadence, frequency, and quality.
- Frequently works with messy or incomplete data and makes decisions on how that data will be processed and maintained.
- Maintain documentation related to datasets and ensures consistency on team with the data language, calculations, and definitions.
- Ensures HR data users are able to access what they need, and that their queries' outputs are generated in a timely fashion through managing the HR Tableau server site.
- Create data visualizations that use a range of functionality and data from different sources and publish it to the Tableau server.
- Serve as a thought leader and mentor on HR data structuring and cleansing techniques.
- Work as necessary with IT stakeholders to build and maintain SFTP setup and TIDAL jobs.
- Outline and lead HR Analytics team members in data literacy, quality assurance and data management principals.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven knowledge and command of BI and data structuring and cleansing tools (i.e. Tableau Prep and Alteryx).
- Experience in managing security and efficiency on a BI tool server (Tableau server a plus).
- Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to multi-task, manage work and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to summarize/present analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced degree in Analytic or Technological field (Data Analytics Engineering, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer science, Data Engineering, Software development)
- Experience with SQL, Python, R or any other scripting language.
- Background with HR systems, data, metrics, and KPIs strongly preferred.
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Apply on company website