Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Analyst of Assortment Analytics will support the Manager of Category Management to develop and execute analytical concepts in our assortment planning/category management landscape. This individual will support processes and analytics that will influence merchandise strategies, product selection, and improve our organizational processes using more space aware data to make assortment decisions. This role resides within the Merchandise Operations business team and will work with numerous cross functional business areas (merchandising, Marketing, Inventory, Planning, etc.)
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support execution of space to sales reporting for designated departments, leveraging but not limited to macro & micro space data.
- Develop reporting and/or templates to support enterprise initiatives that drive improved integration of data to influence assortment decisions (improve department, brand and or item productivity) being made by blending the art/science of merchandising
- Support and work cross functionally with Merchandising, Planning, Inventory, Loyalty, etc. to implement, execute, track, and adjust assortments as needed.
- Communicate complex ideas in both analytical and user-friendly language
- Create effective PowerPoint presentations that include influential data points utilizing easy to interpret visuals
- Support Category Management team in gaining cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, project team and other departments within the organization.
- Present insights to Merchandising team in large group settings
- Automate processes and analyze data within Excel
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Relevant direct work experience in data analysis
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Clear planning and prioritizing skills; methodical and detailed work behavior
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience preparing, analyzing, visualizing and communicating data
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment, handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, able to prioritize appropriately and respond to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude.
Apply on company website