Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as a Registry Ultrasound Technician in the OBGYN Departments at Orland Park and South Loop. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care. Using advanced ultrasound techniques, UChicago Medicine experts provide imaging that helps to clarify diagnoses and inform care plans.
As an Ultrasound Technician, you will perform ultrasounds and related procedures to demonstrate sectional anatomic images for interpretation by or at the request of a licensed practitioner. The technologist will provide appropriate patient care and recognize patient's conditions essential for successful completion of the procedures. The services are provided in accordance with industry standards, department protocols and hospital policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound procedures selecting proper technical equipment settings and images in proper sequence according to set protocols established by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Engages in general obstetric, high risk obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound procedures.
- Follows directives of the Imaging Team Lead and the Practice Manager to perform high quality imaging studies.
- Consults with the team lead and supervisor when necessary to verify request for procedures to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and method of application.
- Appropriately employs imaging systems, accessory devices, and patient positioning techniques to generate quality images.
- Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to department and hospital standards of patient care and age-specific sensitivities.
- Participates in lifting and transporting patients to and from department when necessary.
- Evaluates the resultant images in comparison with industry standards and takes corrective action, if needed.
- Refers to appropriate reference materials for clarification when needed and consults with Imaging Team Lead when assistance is necessary.
- Provides patient education prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance their comfort zone with and tolerance of the procedure.
- Utilizes Radiology information systems in accordance with current guidelines and protocols.
- Documents imaging procedures manually and/or electronically to insure correct charging, and patient and film file tracking.
- Satisfactory completion of formal Ultrasound training program through an accredited school
- Current registry by ARDMS in Abdominal Imaging
- NT certification required or completion of NT within 120 days of employment
- CPR and BLS training
- OB-GYN experience strongly preferred
- 2 years Ultrasound experience in obstetrics, Level I anatomy, Level II anatomy, high risk ob and gynecology
- Experience with GE and Philips Ultrasound machines
- Preferred skill set includes: performing gynecologic ultrasound, as well as, comprehensive ultrasound, recognition of fetal anomalies, Nuchal Translucency, fetal Doppler studies, antenatal testing, and assist for procedures including amniocentesis, cyst drainage, and chorionic villus sampling.
- 3D/4D Ob/Gyn experience
- Job Type/FTE: Part-Time (0.1 FTE)
- Shift: First Shift - Days
- Unit/Department: Radiology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website