We are hiring a Sr. Analyst, Data and Analytics to work in the Clinical Effectiveness Analytics department at UChicago Medicine.
The ideal Sr. Analyst is a critical thinker who is passionate about using healthcare data to drive clinical and operational improvements. Under general direction, the Sr. Analyst is accountable for the accuracy, integrity of system-level data for the entirety of the reporting life-cycle. Develops Organization/System-wide reporting and presents work for guiding executive decision making as it relates to data quality and improvement efforts across the network. Drives department-wide decision making as it relates to optimization and standard work. Provides review and validation for department analysts. Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams across the care continuum and is a steward of data and data best practices. Has a full technical knowledge of the data sources and systems across the UCM network.
Essential Job Functions
- Data Pre-Processing: Manipulate data from source systems in order to define rules for reporting. This includes cleansing of data and datasets necessary for the creation of datamarts. Works in collaboration with Report Sponsors to meet the need and specifications of reporting requests. Create complex reporting suites that provide insight for the purpose of action and improvement.
- Mentorship and Validation: Serves as a mentor to Analysts within the team and across the organization regarding report writing and development best practices. Provides validation for data queries and report outputs. Provide constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Data Specifications and Definition Documentation: Creation of measures for reporting purposes. This includes defining populations (inclusion and exclusion criteria), appropriate variance of performance, setting organization targets
- Project Management: Leading responsible work through to completion. Working with interdisciplinary teams to continue large scale projects and insure the timely completion of work. Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for responsibilities as assigned.
- Report life-cycle review and maintenance: Maintain an appropriate portfolio of work. Updating reports and queries to match the most appropriate specifications and versions of technology available.
- Data Quality Management: Develop and own the rules necessary in order to diagnose the health and stability of system-wide reports and measures, complementary to enterprise-level rulesets and activities.
- Ad-hoc analysis and Other Duties as Assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, business decision support/statistical analysis, healthcare administration or a clinically associated health care field with strong statistical analysis. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years directly applicable experience in data systems, analysis, programming and technical design preferably in a healthcare setting, programming in one or more language (SQL minimum, others applicable).
- Minimum 5 years report-development experience, leveraging the most current BI tools (Tableau minimum, others applicable).
- Experience providing mentorship and critical feedback for the success of others.
- Advanced skill in the most current BI tools.
- Demonstrated advanced technical skill and knowledge of data systems and query languages.
- Requires technical creativity and strong understanding of information technology in health care.
- Knowledge and application of the principles of continuous improvement including methodologies, data collection and analysis, and reporting.
- Requires knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards such as CMS Conditions of Participation, IDPH, MACRA and others as needed.
- Experience with project management and demonstrate proven project management skills.
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to partner with both business and technical team members and translate technical language to the non-technical need.
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas for improvement, capable of making recommendations and implementing solution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead group discussions.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, multi-task and partner with technical staff from different departments.
- Strong organizational and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated ability for public speaking.
- 1-5 years of healthcare experience (hospital/provider experience preferred)
- Epic Certified or other EMR Data experience preferred.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Day
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Location: Chicago, IL (Hyde Park)
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
The team is smaller in size and very engaged. This is a group of high performers that works independently but also has the opportunity to collaborate. The position offers remote flexibility.
Apply on company website