Join UChicago Medicine as a Social Worker, Registry - Adult Inpatient for the Risk, Patient Safety & Compliance department! Become a member of the multidisciplinary team who provides consultation, assessment, and interventions for patients and families in need of emotional, social or psychological support.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and leads or co-leads support and/or psycho educational groups for designated patient/family populations as appropriate.
- Collaboratively formulates appropriate and realistic discharge plans, working with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team and available community based organizations including the Wyler Child Protective Services team and DCFS.
- Performs case management functions including information and referral services and linkages to appropriate hospital resources as well as community based organizations.
- Serves as consultant and educator both formally and informally to the care and multidisciplinary teams regarding biopsychosocial components of illness and hospitalization.
- Attends and participates in multidisciplinary patient care rounds as available.
- Provides administrative coverage when requested.
- Master's degree in Social Work from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work education.
- Possess current state of Illinois Social Work License (LSW required but LCSW preferred).
- Previous clinical social work experience in a health care setting of at least one year.
- Requires knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan
- Job Type/FTE: PRN 0.20 FTE
- Shift: 16 hrs/week
- Unit/Department: Risk, Patient Safety & Compliance
- CBA Code:Non-union
Apply on company website