At TrueBlue, Inc., our mission is to be a conduit for good by connecting people and work. We are responsible for putting someone to work every 8 seconds on a worldwide basis. As one strong team, we are redefining how people find work via technological innovations. Our technology vision is to automate our global infrastructure via a migration to the cloud, which is currently underway.
As a member of the TrueBlue Technology organization you will team up with other members of Technology Operations to ensure that all database instances and databases meet data management standards. We are looking for someone who can keep up the demands of a high energy department. In this role you will serve as third tier contact for the corporate office for critical database support including problem solving, reporting, and solution implementation. We are in need of a database engineer who has 6-8 years of professional experience. You may see the requirements list and feel discouraged because you don't meet 100% of them; we encourage you to apply anyway, there's a good chance you're more wonderful than you think you are.
What you'll be doing:
- You will regularly collaborate with other engineering teams to build scalable, self-healing components for serving our customers' real-time needs to support their applications
- Provide Domain Expertise and support for database technologies. You will take part in deployment support, maintenance support and have ownership of a large number of database environments
- Evangelize and drive stellar operational practices across the entire engineering team; automation of tasks is a major goal of yours
- Respond effectively to ensure minimal downtime of critical Tier 1 business applications, ensuring applications are online and available
- You will partner with DevOps, peers and leadership to provide project support, cross-training, documentation, coordination and support of all database environments
- You will collaborate with the team to address customer inquiries and issues using the corporate ticket management system, driving them to resolution
- Actively engage in and directly contribute to the success of multiple simultaneous projects
- You are comfortable participating in Problem Management meetings for Major Incidents and IT Service interruptions
- You are skilled in utilizing your project organization skills to interpret customer requirements and turning them into technical solutions
- You will execute Compliance tasks in support of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audit, legal and discovery requests within requested SLAs
- You're excited to mentor other team members and teach them what you've learned about running database services in production at scale
- You will participate in an on-call rotation with a team of skilled Database Engineers
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 6-8 years of work experience in Information Technology, preferably with a good technical understanding of the various hardware, software and networking systems being supported, or combination of education and applicable experience
- You have deep knowledge and experience performing administrative and engineering duties for database internals for and you have experience supporting a minimum of 1 of these database platforms: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Oracle ODA experience a plus
- You have a record of success resolving database incidents within associated server platforms; Windows and Linux in an enterprise environment
- Preference given to those with experience with Hosted, Cloud and Hybrid, Development environments including N-Tier architecture
- You expertly craft and share strategies, and develop roadmaps for process improvement
- You have superb communication and time management skills
- You've developed excellent analytical, technical and diagnostic skills, and have the ability to lead incident management efforts, resolution efforts and root cause analysis
- You are well-versed in monitoring and alerting solutions, including associated software tools
- You have knowledge of development agile framework, dev/ops and version control
- You have exhibited a track record of trying and learning new things
TrueBlue (NYSE:TBI) is a leading global provider of industrial staffing and outsource solutions - providing work opportunities through three businesses:
- PeopleReady, an industry leader providing on-demand and skilled labor in the retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality and energy industries.
- PeopleScout, a leader in high-volume recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) and managed service provider (MSP) staffing and talent acquisition solutions.
- PeopleManagement, providing on-site contingent staffing and on-site staff management through its Staff Management | SMX brand, temporary commercial driving solutions through its Centerline brand and cost-per-unit (CPU) services through its SIMOS brand.
The company employs 6,000 corporate and field professionals and provides a competitive benefits package, including company-matching 401(k), employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, college savings fund and comprehensive health and welfare coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits.
Corporate values of integrity and respect, and our ability to exceed client expectations distinguish TrueBlue as an employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
TrueBlue was founded on the idea of connecting people and work. We work with businesses to provide the workforce solutions they need to succeed. Publicly traded since 1998, TrueBlue provides a talented workforce of over 600,000 people and partners with more than 100,000 companies around the world through three segments: PeopleReady, PeopleManagement and PeopleScout.
• PeopleReady provides on-demand and skilled labor for retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and ports & terminals industries.
• PeopleManagement (Staff Management, SIMOS, Centerline) provides on-premise contingent staffing and on-premise management in the light-industrial sector and beyond.
• PeopleScout provides high-volume permanent employee (RPO) recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced service providers to a global workplace.
TrueBlue continues to broaden its service offerings, reaching more markets, and offering greater technology and innovation to benefit employers, staff and contingent workers.
What we do at TrueBlue is simple – we put people to work and change lives every day.
Apply on company website