St. Mary Mercy Hospital has an excellent full-time Family Medicine Associate Program Director opportunity located in Livonia, Michigan. The Associate Program Director is a member of the core faculty and assists the Program Director in the administrative and clinical oversight of the Family Medicine education program.
Under the direct administration of the Program Director, the Associate Program Director is guided by the St. Mary Mercy Hospitals Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) policies and procedures, as well as the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) institutional, common, and specialty specific requirements.
The Associate Program Director will dedicate an average of at least 16 hours (0.4 FTE) per week to the administrative and educational aspects (non-clinical) of the educational program, as delegated by the Program Director.
The Associate Program Director is responsible for assisting the Program Director in the general administration of the residency program including:
- New resident recruitment including the annual planning, screening, interviewing, and selection process for resident recruitment.
- Preparing, organizing, and acting as chair for the annual Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) meetings as per the residency planning schedule.
- Updating and revising the inpatient and residency manuals annually New resident recruitment including the annual planning, screening, interviewing, and selection process for resident recruitment.
- Working with the Program Director and the Program Coordinator to review, update and revise the written program curricula at least annually; assuring integration of the ACGME competencies.
- Updating program and resident records in the ACGMEs Accreditation System as directed.
- Maintains current knowledge of the accreditation and operational requirements of the residency program.
- Evaluation and documentation of resident performance in relation to educational objectives of the program.
- Assuring that residents are assigned clinical responsibilities that are appropriate for their level of training, knowledge, and skill.
The Associate Program Director must be a role model of professionalism and will serve as an advisor for assigned PGY1, PGY2, or PGY3 residents by providing guidance, advice and counseling as needed. This role will advise the Program Director, DIO, and the hospital Chief Medical Officer or VP of Medical Affairs on resource needs such as equipment and educational materials.
In addition to the above responsibilities, this role will include:
- Implementing annual program improvement goals and objectives in cooperation with the Program Director and the DIO/Director of Graduate Medical Education.
- Providing instruction and supervision to assigned residents and medical students on consultative, inpatient, and clinic teaching services, as appropriate to meet the educational objectives of the Family Medicine residency curriculum.
- Participating in the evaluation and improvement of the Family Medicine program in cooperation with faculty, residents, and the Program Director.
- Creating and maintaining a supportive educational learning environment characterized by scholarship and inquiry including active participation in the conferences, research, and formal teaching activities of the program. Provide support and advice for residents who are conducting research in an area involving Family Medicine when needed.
Candidates must be Board Certified, have a minimum of two years of recent experience in teaching faculty in an ACGME accredited Family Medicine residency program, and must have demonstrated exceptional administrative expertise and educational skills. Candidates must also possess the requisite Family Medicine specialty expertise, clinical competence, and teaching abilities needed to excel in the position. Current BLS and ACLS certification, or ability to pass such certification exams to obtain current certification is required.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right Family Medicine physician to assist in leading the Family Medicine Residency program at St. Mary Mercy Hospital.
A competitive compensation package for exceptional physicians is being offered including:
- Health/vision/dental Insurance
- CME allowance & time off
- Retirement savings programs.
- Relocation assistance
ABOUT THE FACILITY
St. Mary Mercy Livonia (SMML) is located in Livonia, Michigan and provides acute-care medical and health services to our community. St. Mary Mercy Livonia is part of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, which includes St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland and St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea. Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States.
SMML is a 304-bed hospital that offers specialized medical services including medical/surgical, intensive/cardiac, oncology/radiation, birthing services, womens health, diagnostic services, physical medicine and rehabilitation, behavioral medicine, 24-hour emergency care, wound care, sleep center, child care, and community health education.
Livonia, Michigan - With a population of nearly 100,000, Livonia is Michigans eighth-largest city and one of the most-stable family communities in the United States. Livonia is located in the northwest corner of Wayne County, halfway between Detroit and Ann Arbor. For decades, Livonia has ranked as one of the leading large communities for family services, education, public safety, and recreational opportunities.
Livonia is a smartly planned community where tree-lined neighborhoods are separated from industrial and warehouse sections of the city. These are among the many attributes that make Livonia one of the best places in the country to raise a family.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
St. Mary Mercy Hospital has an excellent full-time Family Medicine Associate Program Director opportunity located in Livonia, Michigan. The Asso...
Apply on company website