The Senior Systems Engineer will provide engineering and support for all activities related to Total Wine & More's expanding cloud presence, incorporating on-premise services into the overall strategy. You must understand thoroughly how to use cloud and infrastructure technology with technical experience. This is both a technical and customer-facing role with a major focus on support of Total Wine & More's business pursuits and engagements. You will also help transition Total Wine & More's Infrastructure Cloud Systems team with IaC/Automation solutions using both cloud and on-premise infrastructure technologies. You will report to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure Cloud Systems.
- Engineer and provide third level support for operations services for the IT strategy, innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient platforms fundamental to business success
- Support the engineering, and testing BC/DR solutions using cloud platforms
- Provide engineering support to peer operations and network services groups in delivering IT services to our company as defined by management
- Work with application owners/groups to ensure proper architecture and function of Total Wine's Cloud and on-premise Infrastructure
- Develop functional designs, prototypes, process designs, testing, training, and definition of support procedures
- Develop documentation for best practices for server cloud infrastructure, virtualization, storage and cloud computing and Infrastructure as Code
- Review operations and requirements for projects about Total Wine's server infrastructure with all project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing operations support
- Evolve deployment methods and processes to deliver products in different environments including Production, Staging, QA and Development with automation being at the forefront
You will come with
- 2+ year's experience in a 24×7 high-availability hybrid IaaS/PaaS production environment
- 2+ years Linux System Administration
- 3+ years Windows Server Administration
- 3+ year's experience working in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / Operations Manager
- Industry certifications Cloud, Linux, or Networking related
- Experience leading continuous improvement of ITIL processes within the broader IT/business footprint
- Experience automating daily tasks with PowerShell / Bash
- Experience managing infrastructure within a PCI compliant framework
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website