As a District Manager at Total Wine & more, you are the champion of our people-development processes through coaching, mentoring, and performance management. You will be passionate about people development and providing customers with world class service. You will be is responsible for driving top line sales, increasing margin, and controlling expenses to meet the Company's overall business objectives of Price, Selection, and Service. Responsibilities include being the leader and liaison for customer service and product knowledge to both team members and customers. This position reports to the Regional Vice President and our ideal candidate will be based in the Greater Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and have responsibility for our Southeast Florida market.
Maximizes Team Performance
- Applies leadership, creative thinking, and analytical skills to improve district and individual store performance and solve operational issues.
- Builds effective teams that work collaboratively to achieve results.
- Establishes clear objectives for direct reports; distributes workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-organized manner.
- Has an eye for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside the organization.
- Works closely with store management teams and collaborate with Loss Prevention partners to research, identify, and prevent store loss and provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to changing priorities.
- Can marshal resources to get tasks done efficiently; can orchestrate many activities at once to accomplish one goal.
- Ensures the daily execution of the corporate business and marketing plans for the assigned district.
- Drives district business sales and profits through the execution of corporate initiatives; collaborate with corporate business partners to ensure competitive advantage in market place.
- Ensures Total Wine & More standards, including customer service, store standards, and in-stock levels are being met through frequent store visits.
- Reinforces store accountability for marketing standards through regular and consistent store visits and measurements.
- Analyzes all key business measurements and works with the store teams to achieve optimal results and to meet goals.
- Drives vendor management process to include cost collection, inventory, and merchandising service functions.
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, researches trends, technology and information affecting the business.
- Assesses the competition; is aware of strategies and tactics in the marketplace; able to develop action-based strategy to maximize Total Wine's position in the market place.
- Relates well to a diverse array of people both internally and externally. Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse high tension situations comfortably.
- Leads the store management team in raising store standards, developing people, communicating effectively (both verbal and written), and fosters an entrepreneurial spirit of the business.
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, executives, with peers and direct reports; is effective both inside and outside the organization.
- Provides clear, constructive direction and feedback to team members regarding policies, accountabilities, and performance expectations.
- Manages competitive shop process for the entire district and report competitive changes, findings, and activities to Store Support Center partners.
- Ensures an open communication exists that allows for the sharing and reception of new ideas from Team Members in the stores.
Develops Self and Others
- Provides challenging and stretch assignments; holds frequent development discussions.
- Effectively copes with change and shifts gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture.
- Effectively coaches, mentors, trains, motivates, and counsels the store management team to obtain optimum efficiencies.
- Attracts, develops, and retains top talent for store growth management teams; effectively plan district succession to support store growth.
- Develops an understanding of our product portfolio. Obtains Total Wine specific certifications in wine, beer and spirits.
You should have:
- 4 year degree in a business-related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience is important. To set you apart:
- 5-10 years of retail background, including multi-unit supervision.
These characteristics will help you fit in:
- Proven understanding/working knowledge of store operating standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional experience driving top line sales though a customer service approach.
- Proven record of leadership and a history of developing management teams.
- Proven track record of strong recruiting, interviewing and staffing skills.
- Must be self-managed, highly motivated and have a strong drive for results.
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and presentation communication skills.
- Experience training and developing others.
- Proven record of exerting influence; driving and leading direct reports.
- Ability to network and build relationships within the community.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel.
- Ability to travel to and manage multiple markets as needed.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website