Looking for a great opportunity working in a Laboratory? We have a the job for you! UR Medicine's Thompson Health is the premier healthcare provider in the Finger Lakes region. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits, free onsite parking, an excellent staffing model and a modern, high-tech environment.
- Performing a variety of technical assignments in the pre-analytical phase of testing.
- Requires a working knowledge of the safety standards and properly uses them when processing specimens.
- Exercises moderate skill, judgment, knowledge of terminology and common practices used in the pre-analytical technical field to ensure accurate results and patient safety.
- Processes & interprets information involving laboratory specimens in order to ensure proper testing & specimen integrity.
- Understands the revenue cycle as it pertains to the laboratory and can fulfill the laboratory's obligation of this cycle.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills for the pre-analytical processing of specimens.
- Using McKesson modules as assigned, demonstrates the ability to accurately register patients, enter lab orders, bill charges, audit accounts etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all lab teams, physician offices and other health care providers.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive info including but not limited to the patients, staff & the health system.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Actively supports the hospitals goals and imperatives and lives the CARES values at all times.
·Performs a variety of technical assignments in the pre-analytical phase of testing.
- Accurately records all lab tests into the Lab Information system.
- Prepares specimens for testing and distribution.
- Insures specimens received into laboratory meet testing requirements and specimens integrity requirements.
- Investigates problems with specimens or orders that result in communication with the care area or physician office to get resolution.
- Phone duties
- Prints and distributes all laboratory reports daily.
- Accurately maintains files of all lab reports and lab requisitions.
- Exercises multi-tasking skills as necessary to prioritize workload and process specimens in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and uses sound judgment to solve issues regarding specimen integrity and test clarification.
- Demonstrates great attention to detail to ensure proper handling of specimens and reporting of results.
- Understands basic outpatient coding and medical necessity in order to accurately screen orders for current coverage by insurance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- AAS degree or 2 years of college with emphasis on biological sciences preferred.
- Medical terminology or complete within six months of hire.
- 1 year laboratory experience preferred
- Demonstrates the CARES Values and Standards of Cooperation at all times.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website