What is the Residency Program and what do we provide? In our program you will orient and work under the direction of experienced Nursing staff. You will assist us in delivering of patient care utilizing the nursing process. This is a full time job opportunity ONLY and you must be able to work varied shifts as needed.
There are different cohorts throughout the year and the new graduate is able to choose the start date according to his/her availability:
Winter - February start date
Summer- July start date
Fall - September start date
- Assures that the environment is optimal to meet the needs of each patient by safe and effective organization, utilization and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Responsible for patient teaching, coordinating the activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining the standards of professional nursing practice.
- Graduate of approved school of nursing. (2 or 4 year degrees) BSN preferred but AS welcomed!
- NYS license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Current BLS
- Previous healthcare experience preferred i.e., Nurse Aide, LPN, Tech
- Good Communication skills and skilled in customer service
- Team player Reliability and flexibility
RN Residency :
1) 12-14 week Medical-Surgical orientation: Will help you to develop a solid clinical foundation by building confidence, knowledge, and skills under the mentorship of our experienced nursing staff.
Highlights during the orientation include:
- Two-week “Tour of Thompson,” where you will gain a system-wide view of our institution,
- Shadowing specialty units such as: OR, APC, OB, DI, and ED.
- A dedicated preceptor on your unit
- Biweekly meetings with the educational staff to identify personalized needs
- BLS, and Telemetry Certification (ACLS certification if applicable to your unit).
2) RN Residency Program:
- Bimonthly meetings with the CNO
- Hands-on instruction for identifying and creating an evidence-based project for your unit
- Knowledge of our Professional Advancement System
- Support in continuing your personal educational goals.
WHY to choose to work for UR Medicine Thompson Health?
- We are a premier healthcare provider in the Finger Lakes region, where you can enjoy a superior quality of life with easy access to year-round recreation.
- ANCC Magnet®-designated, in recognition of nursing excellence, since 2004.
- Named Top Performer in LGBT Healthcare Equality.
- Access to robust continuing education, including an on-site RN-BSN program.
- A Professional Advancement System development nursing program that rewards nursing expertise, and financial support for specialty certification.
Click here to learn more about our program!
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website