DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
RN Manager of Behavioral Health The Medical Center of Aurora Behavioral Health and Wellness Center
We are seeking a RN Manager of Behavioral Health for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora has received seven consecutive ‘A' grades from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2016 - Spring 2019), was Colorado's only hospital to receive the Leapfrog Top General Hospital designation two years in a row (2016, 2017), was recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015, 2017-2018, 2018-2019), and was named to Healthgrades 2020 America's 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes. The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
Under the supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Services, is responsible for the overall administration of the Adolescent Psych Program including planning, budgeting, quality management, team building, clinical services, and marketing. Essential functions include clinical supervisory duties, fiscal planning and management, personnel management, program development and planning, public relations/community outreach, compliance with internal/external standards including licensure, accrediting and regulatory agencies and other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross and Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI within 6 months of hire).
- Bachelors degree in Nursing required, Masters preferred.
- Three to five years experience in Adolescent Psych acute care setting preferred.
- Broad experience in a healthcare setting.
- 1-3 years management experience in a Behavioral Health acute care setting.
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders, DSM IV, The Joint Commission and 2765 regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated ability to administer a comprehensive network of services and levels of care that are responsive to the emerging healthcare system.
- Excellent personnel management skills.
- Demonstrated clinical abilities.
- Must excel in rapid problem solving .
- Above average skills in community outreach and marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to budget preparation and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The job is high stress due to the varied tasks and scope of responsibility.
- The person must be adept in a work environment where there are numerous interruptions in the normal routine.
- The Manager needs to make rapid decisions about emergency problems and situations.
- Must have good awareness of all the legal and ethical issues surrounding the operation of adult behavioral healthcare services.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate care within the Standards of Nursing practice at The Medical Center of Aurora.
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills.
- Displays leadership and problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website