Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are seeking a qualified Wetland Scientist / Field Team Lead to support work at its Portland, ME office for wetland delineations, data management, and permit support for our commercial and renewable energy, transmission, and federal programs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a variety of our natural resource projects, with a primary focus on performing wetland delineations, managing field teams and subcontractors, as well as overseeing data management on our large linear and renewable energy development projects. A multidisciplinary science-based background and prior field experience of a similar nature is desired. Fieldwork may take place in a variety of environmental settings, potentially including working for long durations away from home, or working on foot in remote, mountainous, or uneven terrain. Work may be performed in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Perform duties as Field Team Lead on field teams for wetland delineations.
- Perform natural resource surveys (e.g., wetlands, streams, vegetation, and vernal pools).
- Potential to assist or perform other natural resource surveys (e.g., wildlife, habitat, functional assessments, aquatic resources, RTE species, and invasive species).
- Lead wetland delineations in accordance with current USACE 1987 Manual and Regional Supplement(s).
- Map habitat types and sensitive resources.
- Collect GPS data.
- Perform and oversee data entry, data analysis, and report compilation.
- Field components may require long hours and/or be physically demanding and may require being on foot 10 –12 hours per day carrying equipment.
- Support local, state and federal project permitting.
- A BS degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Natural Resources, or related field. MS degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience in environmental consulting.
- Professional Wetland Scientist preferred.
- Experience conducting Wetland Function-Value assessment preferred.
- Experience with plant identification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Maine State Natural Resource Protection Act preferred.
- Well-developed leadership qualities.
- At least three year's demonstrated experience performing routine and atypical wetland delineations using the USACE 1987 Manual and Regional Supplement(s) and identifying wetlands with the Cowardin et al. (1979) classification system.
- Experience in performing biological studies and assessments in the northeastern U.S.
- Experience with GPS field data collection and using Apple IOS iPad and iPhone applications preferred.
- Experience leading field teams, and overseeing and ensuring work quality of others.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency with data management and organization.
- Experience with local, state and federal permitting, preferred.
- A willingness to learn.
- Flexibility and ability to travel and work extended hours during the field season.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet fast-paced demands.
- High motivation and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- A valid Driver's License and a dependable personal means of transportation are required.
- Strong report writing and data analysis skills desired.
- Employee is expected to maintain a professional manner in all aspects of their work.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers. LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website