Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
We are currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer with stormwater engineering and green infrastructure design expertise for our Cocoa (preferred) or Jacksonville, Florida office. We are in search of a highly motivated team member to join our family of engineers and scientist who has a strong quantitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal and private projects in Florida, the southeast, and throughout the nation. This is an engaging and high impact position in which you will work closely with national industry leaders to support clients with permitting and compliance, stormwater management and design, green infrastructure (GI), low impact development (LID), hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analysis, water quantity and water quality analysis, and watershed management projects. In addition, the Cocoa office supports dredging, port and coastal engineering, and assessment and remediation projects. In this position you will work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to environmental projects of substantial variety and complexity.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Support and/or lead stormwater management projects focused on green infrastructure and low impact development
- Support and/or lead in the design analysis through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Support in the preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications)
- Support cost-benefit analysis
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Perform water quantity and quality modelling
- Analyse watershed and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports
- Provide design criteria and permitting support for stormwater, dredging, and other watershed projects
- Assist with quality control and assurance
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental/civil engineering (or a related field)
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification in the State of Florida or reciprocating state and ability to obtain Florida PE within 2-months, with 5-15 years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience with Environmental Resource Permit applications
- Demonstrated educational and relevant work experience showing strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in stormwater design and/or watershed management
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS preferred
- Desire to learn other design software programs
- Computer literate; knowledge of MS Word and Excel
What We Can Offer You:
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits package and learning and development opportunities
- Waterfront office location in historic downtown Cocoa Village near great restaurants, banks, etc.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities: LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website