Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer with stormwater engineering expertise for our Atlanta, Georgia office.What You'll Do:
We are in search of a highly motivated team member to join our family of engineers and scientist who has a strong quantitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal and private projects in the southeast and throughout the nation. This is an engaging and high impact position in which you will work closely with national industry leaders to support clients with stormwater management and design, dam assessments and rehabilitation, green infrastructure (GI), low impact development (LID), hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analysis, water quantity and water quality analysis, and watershed management projects. In this position you will work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to environmental projects of substantial variety and complexity.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Support and/or lead stormwater management projects focused on green infrastructure and low impact development as well as stormwater infrastructure improvements, dam assessments and rehabilitation design.
- Support and/or lead in the design analysis through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques.
- Support in the preparation of construction documents (plans and specifications).
- Support cost-benefit analysis.
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis.
- Perform water quantity and quality modeling.
- Analyze watershed and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques.
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices.
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports.
- Assist with quality control and assurance.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's Preferred) in environmental/civil engineering (or a related field)
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) certification in the State of Georgia with 5-10 years of relevant engineering experience
- Demonstrated educational and relevant work experience showing strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in stormwater design and/or watershed management
- Experience with client presentations and communications, with preferred experience with municipal clients
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS preferred
- Desire to learn other design software programs
- Computer literate; knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits package and learning and development opportunities
- Engaged, talented, experienced co-workers with varied backgrounds in engineering, modeling, and innovative stormwater design
- Office location near great restaurants, sports/entertainment venues, Chattahoochee River trails and recreation area, etc.
- Free access to on-site Fitness Center
- Easy access to I-285 and I-75
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website