Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer – Mid Level to work in our Global Services Division located in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Typical projects include large scale site development projects with significant infrastructure for both military and international development clients as well as local transportation structure design. Our in-house experts will provide on-the-job training to enable you to leverage your existing engineering skills and develop new ones to provide adaptive solutions applicable to each project's unique local site conditions.
Tetra Tech provides architecture and engineering services in support of deployed U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel, as well as allied foreign government agencies. Our engineers and architects deliver facility and utility planning, design, and construction phase services around the world, including remote locations. From buildings and utilities to airfield and waterfront facilities, Tetra Tech's multidisciplinary expertise spans the full range of military installation projects.
International development projects involve development in second and third world countries. Projects have included feasibility studies, design, retrofitting, and construction of housing for displaced populations, roads, energy solutions, health care facilities, grade schools and universities, water and wastewater infrastructure, wastewater reuse, and disaster relief services.
Locally Tetra Tech supports transportation infrastructure for local municipalities and MassDOT with structural design.
- Perform design calculations, structural analysis and review calculations;
- Prepare construction plans utilizing Revit or AutoCAD;
- Review and edit specifications and design narratives;
- Perform structural detailing for concrete and steel vertical structures;
- Coordinate design work with all disciplines during the entire design process;
- Lead the structural design of small and mid-size structures and work as a part of a design team for larger and more complex designs.
- Provide mentoring and training to junior staff.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work well in a team-oriented environment;
- BS in Architectural or Civil Engineering with focus in structural course work, MSCE in structural preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years of Structural Engineering design experience;
- EIT Certificate is required, Professional Engineering (PE) and Structural Engineering (SE) license is preferred;
- Proficiency in Structural Analysis Program (such as Bentley RAM,STAAD and SAFE);
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD;
- Interest and willingness for short term travel overseas;
- Meet quality standards and deadlines;
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Experience with International Building Code preferred.
- Experience with MassDOT requirements preferred.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 127 GLS
Apply on company website