Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking an experienced Structural Designer to work in our Marlborough, Massachusetts office. Typical projects include large scale site development projects with significant infrastructure for both military and international development clients as well as local transportation clients. Our in-house experts will provide on-the-job training to enable you to leverage your existing engineering skills and develop new ones to provide adaptive solutions applicable to each project's unique local site conditions.
Tetra Tech provides architecture and engineering services in support of deployed U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel, as well as allied foreign government agencies. Our engineers and architects deliver facility and utility planning, design, and construction phase services around the world, including remote locations. From buildings and utilities to airfield and waterfront facilities, Tetra Tech's multidisciplinary expertise spans the full range of military installation projects.
International development projects involve development in second and third world countries. Projects have included feasibility studies, design, retrofitting, and construction of housing for displaced populations, roads, energy solutions, health care facilities, grade schools and universities, water and wastewater infrastructure, wastewater reuse, and disaster relief services.
Locally, Tetra Tech supports transportation infrastructure for local municipalities and MassDOT. Projects include bridge, culvert and wall design from the pre-feasibility phase through construction.
- Responsible for the development of detailed design and construction structural drawings;
- Utilize 3D design systems in the production of complex design deliverable drawings;
- Model complex concrete and steel structures;
- Apply advanced drafting principles with minimal supervision;
- Develop complex design layouts that consider and incorporate requirements from other engineering disciplines to create a coordinated, unified design.
- High School diploma required, Vocational or 2-year Associate Degree in Drafting preferred;
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of structural engineering design and layout of foundations, structural steel, concrete and masonry structures;
- Minimum of 5 years of Revit / Autodesk experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in structural detailing, steel detailing preferred;
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD;
- Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) in Revit Structures preferred
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work assignments and deal with conflicting priorities;
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment;
- Meet quality standards and deadlines;
- Familiarity with MassDOT Bridge Manual requirements preferred.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 127 GLS
Apply on company website