Tetra Tech AMT is seeking a Deputy Software Engineering and Implementation Manager for a long-term, ground-up, software development program for the Federal government. This large program is expected to last at least five years and utilizes current technologies.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes and leads software development teams using agile processes in a complex government contracting environment
- Coordinates with peers for design, testing and data migration but is responsible for development operations and deployment
- Deploys solutions in a large government environment
- Ensures teams meet or exceed established baseline development schedule
- Responsible for technical personnel performance management and support recruiting as required
- Manage Control Account budgets and provide schedule and cost variance analysis
- Provides recommendations and advice on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts
- Conducts risk assessments and supports technical and programmatic risk management
- Reports to the Program Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10 to 12 years of experience in a software engineering discipline
- At least 8 years leading engineering and software development efforts and supervising engineering/computer software staff involved with the application of engineering and software development disciplines in the development and implementation of software systems with large and complex databases.
- Must have previously managed a technical team of more than 35 people on a single large software development project. This is an opportunity to grow and manage an even larger team.
- Demonstrated agile experience is required. Do not apply without it.
- Scaled Agile experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a hybrid system engineering life cycle environment (a combination of waterfall and agile across the program) is also desirable
- Software development in a Government contracting environment highly desirable
- EVM knowledge and experience also a plus
- Experience with CI/CD in a cloud environment required.
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
- Organization: 161 AMT
Apply on company website