Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech is actively seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Kincardine Office. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your Role (replaces “Responsibilities"):
- Responsible for the specification, sizing of equipment, and the inter-connection to ensure satisfactory process performance
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Datasheet/Technical specification of process equipment
- Support on the general arrangement of the process
- Validation of subcontractors' documents
- Start-up notes and O&M manuals
- Uses initiative and judgement in resolving problems, interprets engineering specifications, obtaining and analyzing data and design
- Develop effective working relationship with colleagues, officials and associates for the purpose of discussing design problems, explaining design features and specification and other project control criteria
- Solve problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments
- Conducts independent studies and analysis making interpretation and typical decisions
- Exercises independent judgement in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties
- Preparation and/or verification of procurement activities and deliverables.
- Prepare purchase requisition, review technical content of supplier bids and technical submissions
- Perform any required inspections as necessary for procurement of material.
- Provides guidance to junior engineers and technical staff assigned to a common task
- On occasions, gets involved in the tendering and the construction phase to provide support to the commissioning engineers during the start-up and the performance tests of the plants
Qualifications (replaces “Requirements"):
- Completion of a four-year University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of related working experience in a design consulting environment
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in Ontario
- Must be able to obtain a federal security clearance
- Must be located in the Kincardine area or willing to relocate
- Should be able and willing to occasionally travel to other office locations and client sites/locations as required
- Work experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a nuclear environment, working on Ontario Power Generation or Bruce Power projects is considered an asset.
- Experience with flow analysis and pipe stress analysis software would be considered an asset
- Specific knowledge in piping, and specifically alloyed piping in terms of definition, specification, calculation, sourcing, prefabrication and assembly will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Facilities and HVAC design would also be considered an asset
- Knowledge of related disciplines, i.e. Civil/Structural, Electrical and Instrumentation/Controls is required
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, adaptable and work under tight schedules in a fast-paced environment
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website