Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are a leading environmental science and engineering consulting firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Energy Project Manager for our Parsippany, NJ office.
Successful candidates should have demonstrated experience and knowledge of common energy utility industry best practices, familiarity with energy facilities and consulting support of energy clients, familiarity and experience in completing analyses under the National Environmental Policy Act, work with or testifying for Public Service/Utility Commissions, and a solid understanding of permitting requirements across the southwestern US.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently and within a team are important characteristics for this position.
- Research and interpret federal, state, and local regulations on a project-specific basis to assess project permitting feasibility and requirements, and interface with regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of proposals, environmental reports and permit applications through collection, management and analysis of environmental data and information.
- Must Possess a B.S. or M.S. in a related field (i.e., planning, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline).
- Exhibit solid, practical skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project).
- 10 + years of applied environmental consulting experience (siting, permitting, project management and business development) with a market focus on solar, wind and electric transmission.
- Technical inquisitiveness, a positive attitude, and an ability to work well in teams are essential.
- Excellent technical writing and interpersonal communication skills, public speaking/expert testimony and have demonstrated project management experience.
- Practical experience with various state and federal regulatory bodies (New York, New Jersey) such as PSC, PUC, BLM, COE, USFS, USFWS, FERC, and other state and local environmental permitting programs.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers. LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
No calls or agencies.
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website