Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work in a with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems. We provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity.
Tetra Tech Architects & Engineers' mission is to bring the finest professionals from all the major disciplines to support the creative and effective design of facilities.
We currently seek a Senior Electrical Engineer to work out of one of our New York (Ithaca, Albany, Farmingdale) or Massachusetts (Marlborough, Boston) offices. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects. You will have the chance to mentor and impart knowledge to junior engineers and designers. At the same time, you will be working with one of the region's top education-related A/E design firms, gaining additional expertise and building on your career.
Our team of professionals is focused on public buildings including K-12 schools, regional governmental facilities, and international projects for USAID and other federal agencies. We provide innovative architectural design, building systems engineering, interior design, site design, civil design and 3-D Imaging services to clients regionally and globally. Engineers engage both proven and innovative building methods and technologies that provide real-world solutions resulting in more efficient and sustainable projects.
- Develop and evaluate electrical system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solutions for each project
- Design of building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, emergency power, fire alarm, security, television, and communications network systems
- Perform design calculations and develop/prepare technical specifications and drawings
- Perform site visits to evaluate existing systems or to inspect electrical systems work during construction
- Communicate effectively and coordinate/meet with project teams, senior staff members, project managers, clients and other parties
- Act as lead electrical engineer on projects, mentoring junior staff in developing contract documents, cost estimates, technical specifications, and other relevant documents
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or relevant field
- Min. 10 years of related work experience specifically with electrical systems for buildings
- Experience working in Architectural/Engineering consulting firm desired
- Experience working on K-12 School projects and/or Federal projects is a plus
- Licensed PE (Professional Engineer) required
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit/BIM with working knowledge of MS Office
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 143 INE
Apply on company website