Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Local Governance Director position on a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Ukraine. The goal of this project is to continue USG support to the Government of Ukraine in implementing a more decentralized, transparent, and community-focused governance model. This Activity will strengthen and deepen democratic governance reforms and institution-building in Ukraine and ensure that more decisions and policies are being set at the local level, with more resources flowing from the central government down to local communities.
Position Description: The Local Governance Director will be responsible for working with local government officials, private sector, civil society, media, and other counterparts to promote self-reliant governance in target Hromadas, Rayons, and Oblasts. S/he will facilitate technical capacity building, including strategic planning, budgeting, revenue generation, and service delivery (solid waste management, water supply, heating, transportation, etc.). S/he will also support local governments to build their capacity to be more open, transparent, and open to having a dialogue with citizens.
* Working under the supervision of the Chief of Party, design and carry out a local governance capacity-building and service delivery improvement program based on consultations with Hromada, Rayon, and Oblast officials and citizens.
* Identify priorities for service delivery improvements and strategies to train and mentor the programming, service delivery, management, and outreach skills of local government officials.
* Identify strategies for ensuring that local services provided are responsive to citizens' needs and expectations.
* Facilitate effective promotion of local economic development, private sector engagement, and revenue generation.
* A Master's degree in public administration, public finance, municipal planning and development, or related field.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience working on public governance and administration issues.
* Substantial management experience, and ability oversee a team of technical experts and regional coordinators.
* A strong understanding of current local government and decentralization reform in Ukraine and practical experience working with different stakeholders in the government, civil society and the private sector.
* Knowledge of Ukrainian local governance structures, service delivery, program budgeting, and project design.
* Excellent public presentation and project report-writing skills.
* Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
* Willingness to travel throughout Ukraine.
* Near-native fluency in Ukrainian and Russian and spoken and written fluency in English required.
* Qualified applicants from Ukraine are strongly encouraged to apply
Apply on company website