Tetra Tech's High Performance Buildings Group brings together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and want to bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are engineers for a sustainable future!
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with Glumac's strategy and the commitment and goals of the client's specifications.
- Main point of contact with the client on firm's projects and the progress of those projects.
- Acts as a representative of Glumac to the public.
- Coordinates all in-house work of all engineering disciplines required for the projects.
- Facilitates the definition of project scope; and if necessary, reviews and approves changes with Principals.
- Responsible for project goals and deliverables.
- Ensures client standards for the project are maintained.
- Responsible for the financial management of the project, including earned revenue reporting, successfully managing projects to a set margin, as well as monitoring AR and collections. Ability to manage $1.5M-$3M of project related fees annually.
- Assembles, coordinates and supervises project staff and project resources needed for completion.
- Defines project tasks and communicates resource requirements to all team members.
- Attends coordination and project meetings and passes on information to Design Engineers and relevant staff.
- Holds regular project team meetings to review project progress and identifies obstacles or issues and solutions. Follow-up on meeting communication as needed.
- Insures quality assurance and coordinates with Glumac QA/QC.
- Plans the project work on a weekly basis.
- Schedules work with the Department Heads of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and fire protection.
- Reviews and issues all required documentation for each phase/task.
- Constantly monitors and reports on progress of the project to the appropriate Principals.
- Responsible for design when other Engineers or Designers are working for him/her.
- Reports to the Principals when/if there are issues with design, project completion or client's issues.
- Estimates, by phase and task, the work Earned Value (EV) so that the monthly billing invoice properly matches the work scope executed.
- Initiates the in-house plan check and executes all corrections.
- Is in charge of construction administration to ensure the construction of the project is in accordance with plans, specifications and proper permits (as they relate to Glumac's role).
- Initiates and completes archiving.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Relationship to Others
- It must be recognized that a major and significant part of the duties of the Project Manager is to maintain an excellent and professional client relationship.
- The Project Manager must be able to relate to clients in a mature, thoughtful, professional and responsive manner.
- The Project Manager must be able to relate well and collaborate effectively and regularly with engineering discipline leads and designers in a mature, thoughtful, professional and responsive manner.
- The development of technical skills of subordinates is also a part of the position.
- This includes overseeing and mentoring team members.
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualification, experience and leadership in MEP engineering project management.
- Knowledge of the MEP construction industry.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Proven experience in people management, client satisfaction and good decision making.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of MS office software and Oracle accounting system.
- Superior client/customer service skills.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.glumac.com or www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at https://www.glumac.com/careers/#open-positions or www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including but not limited to, women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies.
- Organization: 150 GTT
Apply on company website