Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
What You'll Do:
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a Project Manager/Design Engineer to join our Seattle, WA or Portland, OR office. This individual will support ongoing projects and contracts and will support business development in the future (i.e., a seller-doer role). Business development includes development of relationships with clients in the Pacific Northwest and across the nation to support responses to proposals and prepare grant applications for various state and federal agencies.
The ideal candidate will have experience with flood risk management and river restoration design with experience preparing plans, specifications, and estimates to complete a wide variety of challenging and complex hydraulic and civil design projects. Potential projects include floodplain management (levee and channel design, certification and inspection; floodplain mapping; and restoration of floodplain connectivity), dam repair design and safety (probable maximum flood analysis, dam break analysis, inundation mapping and preparation of emergency action plans), river channel and floodplain restoration design, and culvert design for fish passage.
Primary clients include government agencies, county flood control districts, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, State of Washington, local municipalities, Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Reclamation, local power utilities, and Tribes.
- Manage the preparation of civil engineering plans, specifications and estimates for design of facilities including levees, channels, in-stream and floodplain restoration features such as bio-engineered projects and levee setbacks, culverts/bridges, bioengineered bank protection measures, grade controls, and channel modifications.
- Perform and/or oversee floodplain, inundation, and hydrologic studies.
- Perform and/or oversee hydrologic analyses to support water resources projects.
- Prepare project reports and perform oral presentations.
- Manage and work with multidisciplinary project teams including geomorphologists, biologists, economists and planners; as well as other hydraulic and water resources engineers.
- Supervise and delegate work to junior engineers and support staff as necessary to manage specific design engineering tasks and complex projects and support staff mentoring and professional development.
- Contribute to business development, marketing, and proposal preparation efforts
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (or related field). A Master's Degree with specialization in hydraulic or civil engineering is preferred but not required.
- Engineer license required (WA license required w/in 6 months of hire).
- 8+ years of professional experience in water resources design.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D, experience with MicroStation and Inroads a plus.
- Experience with 1-D steady and unsteady modeling such as HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS, and similar.
- Experience with hydrologic modeling such as HEC-HMS, HEC-GeoHMS, and SWMM as well as statistical analysis of flow record.
- Experience with 2-D modeling (RAS-2D, FLO-2D, ADH, SRH-2D and similar).
- Experience with Sediment Transport modeling (HEC-RAS, HEC-6T, SIAM and similar) a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of FEMA requirements (including C/LOMR processing) a plus.
- Solid technical writing and communication skills.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Additional Information
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website