Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams
Tetra Tech is seeking a Project Management Specialist II to provide project management support to the Customs and Border Program (CBP) and execute projects as guided by the FTE Portfolio Manager (PM) and other FTE FAA Project Management Specialists. This position will provide all aspects of initiation, execution, monitoring and controlling of a project, and the closeout of assigned projects.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Perform project cost control measures - Develop cost estimates, work with subject matter experts and other core program members to develop/revise project estimates and work with the PM to determine/resolve any negative variances.
- Performance - Document lessons learned, report all positive or negative impacts to the assigned project(s) cost, performance, or schedule; monitor project performance, report performance variances, provide recommended corrective actions, and work with the PM and other team resources to improve performance. Support continual process improvement by periodically reviewing processes, identify and recommend change, and when necessary facilitate change.
- Schedule - Develop/assist, maintain program schedules; attend, organize and schedule program meetings with Service Level Team members, developing meeting agendas, minutes and actions items for publication.
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations - Support PM in the development and execution of briefings, charts or reports published or presented; brief program updates to Division Management; brief labor analysis sheet to Division Management; brief Program Management/Quarterly Management Reviews
- Manage program/project risks/issues - identify, assess, quantify (if needed), establish risk handling and issue corrective action plans for mitigation, track and monitor.
- Enter data into CBP-owned data system, (e.g. TRIRIGA) and create, update and maintain action items, store program and project documents and upload deliverables to the customer's KSN.
Position requires access to federally controlled facilities and computer systems. In accordance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), all personnel must favorably pass a U.S. Government Public Trust background investigation.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration or an Associate Degree in Accounting or Business is highly desired.
- Four years of Project Management Specialist II experience with specialized knowledge of FAA systems, equipment, procedures, operations and budgeting, with prior experience supporting the Customs and Border Protection Program (CBP) at the FAA a plus.
- Prior knowledge of the CBP data systems highly desired, and applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint templates.
- Must possess both excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- US Citizenship is required.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies
- Organization: 160 EMC
Apply on company website