Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a Civil/Environmental Engineer to execute municipal water and wastewater projects in our Denver, CO office. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for leading multidisciplinary design teams for water and wastewater treatment projects for the Water/Wastewater Group. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. Typical municipal water/wastewater projects include the planning and design of smaller (0.5MGD), mid-range, and larger facilities (50MGD+). This includes collection and conveyance systems, pump stations, storage and treatment facilities, and rehabilitation. The successful candidate will have experience with hydraulic design, water distribution and treatment, wastewater collection and biological, physical, and chemical treatment processes, construction, and operations. The candidate should also be knowledgeable in local, state, and federal regulatory and permitting issues. A well-rounded understanding of alternative delivery methods is a plus. Responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Design all aspects of water and wastewater treatment, pipeline and conveyance for both new construction, assessment, and rehabilitation/replacement projects;
- Provide guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members;
- Act as a primary point of contact for major municipal clients in the Denver metropolitan area and State of Colorado;
- Provide exceptional client service to assigned local municipal, state, and federal clients;
- Provide leadership in marketing and operations of the Rocky Mountain market for water and wastewater treatment and infrastructure projects;
- Promote the Tetra Tech brand through work with professional and community organizations;
- Market existing and potential clients and assist in the preparation of proposals;
- Effectively lead multidisciplinary project teams;
- Successfully manage project budgets and schedules;
- Lead the planning, evaluation and selection of preferred alternatives;
- Perform and/or review conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses;
- Develop and/or review detailed engineering reports and supporting documents;
- Develop and/or review construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates;
- Provide construction support services including meetings and site visits;
- Manage risk and ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects;
- Evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with various engineering disciplines;
- Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications, and coordinating with multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner
- B.S. in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering; MS preferred;
- 8-15 years of experience with increasing responsibility in the municipal engineering sector;
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Colorado required;
- Design experience with water and wastewater treatment, pipeline / conveyance projects;
- Ability to motivate others and lead teams in the preparation of project plans and client pursuits;
- Experience with pipeline hydraulics, construction, and operations;
- Experience with hydraulic modeling and ArcGIS is a plus;
- Experience with jurisdictional and regulatory permitting is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office;
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be highly motivated and a high-performance team member
PE: $89,000 - $125,000, DOE
PM: $110,000 – 150,000, DOE
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website