Junior Project Engineer - Electrical (Bruce Power Site)
Tetra Tech Canada Inc
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech is actively seeking a Junior Project Engineer - Electrical based out of the Bruce Power site in Tiverton Ontario. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide technical support and oversight during planning, development, execution, and commissioning of plant modifications.
- Responsible for delivering the overall technical scope of the project.
- Be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements (ex. Pressure Boundary) and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline, used in the preparation and review of work procedures such as work coordination plans, commissioning plans and reports.
- Interface with internal contacts within PMC programs and site engineering, operations, maintenance departments etc. and support communications with external regulatory agencies, contract service providers, manufacturers, etc. in alignment with approved designs and supply chain processes.
- Where applicable, provide input as a mandatory stakeholder during conceptual phase of the project.
- Review conceptual and preliminary Engineering reports for compliance to the overall technical scope of work, cost, and schedule. Request revisions as required.
- Participate in design and construction vendor selection process.
- Support Project Development Phase by reviews during 50% and 90% design package submissions from constructability and execution standpoint. Ensure that the design and construction margins are well understood.
- Request constructability reviews for projects as necessary.
- Conduct and lead interactive planning sessions to discuss and resolve constructability/ field execution planning issues.
- Prepare, review, or approve installation procedures, work coordination plans, test procedures and commissioning plans for successful implementation of the project.
- Provide technical specifications for contract documents as required. Review and evaluate vendor bids for technical details and compliance to Bruce Power requirements.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance and field support to construction personnel or other clients related to the interpretation of design information, work method and constructability based on project requirements.
- Provide engineering guidance and authority to progress work for all non-intent changes to the design package during installation and commissioning.
- Lead technical troubleshooting for post installation issues related to commissioning. Use corrective action process to perform investigations (A3, EACE, RCI etc.) to avoid repeated occurrence.
- Work with field engineering/ services to provide timely response to vendor requests via RFI process.
- Participate in establishing and updating schedules for project engineering deliverables.
- Lead available for service (AFS) and project closeout activities.
- Responsible for maintaining own qualification as per TQD, Training and qualification requirements.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by line management.
- Completion of a four-year University Degree in Engineering
- Previous experience in a project engineering or field engineering role considered an asset
- Must be registered with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Engineer in Training (EIT) actively working towards a P.Eng License
- Must be able to obtain Federal security clearance.
- Must hold valid G2/G class driver's license and have access to a vehicle.
- Must be located in the Bruce County area or willing to relocate.
- Previous nuclear or Bruce Power experience is considered an asset.
- Coaching, mentoring, professional services management, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website